Meal prepping is a great way to stay healthy but also lets you strategically plan out your meals so they don’t break the bank. Here are my favorite meal prep ideas for quick and easy-to-make mason jar meals:
- 4 oz. Rice
- 4 oz. Black beans
- 4 oz. Corn
- 32 oz. Chicken breast
- 2 Tomatoes
- 3 oz. Cheese
- 3 oz. Spinach
Prepping the Ingredients:
- Chicken: Cut chicken breast to 1/2 to 3/4 inch thickness. Add salt and pepper. Heat a skillet to medium-high heat and add olive oil. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from heat and dice.
- Dice all other vegetables.
When you purchase theses ingredients you can make six meals in advance, two containers of each of the recipes below:
- Burrito Jar: Layer your jar with 2 oz. black beans, 2 oz. rice, 1 cup diced chicken, corn and cheese for burrito bowl on the go!
- Spinach Salad: Layer your jar with spinach, 1 cup diced chicken, 2 oz. corn, 1 tomato (diced), and 1 oz. cheese for nice healthy salad.
- Chicken Parm Mix: Layer your jar with 2 cup diced chicken, 1 tomato (diced), and 2 oz. cheese. Heat in the microwave for 1 minute before eating and you’ve got an instant serving of chicken parmesan!
By: Angie Garcia