Prep Time – 15 minutes
Staying on campus over Thanksgiving break, or craving your grandma’s homemade apple pie? No problem. Have a classic Thanksgiving dessert in your dorm. Here is a yummy and easy holiday recipe for Apple Crisp in a mug.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. quick cooking oats
- 1 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced
- Optional: Whipped cream or ice cream for garnish
- Place butter in a small bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on High for 10 seconds, or until soft.
- Stir in sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon. Set aside the small bowl.
- Place cut apple slices in a microwavable mug.
- Sprinkle oat mixture from the small bowl over the apples in the mug.
- Microwave the mug, uncovered, on High for 2 1/2 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Optional: Serve warm or chilled. Garnish with whipped cream or Cool Whip.
Adapted from Cooks.com
By: Jennifer Eppinger