Perfect salad for a quick and satisfying lunch! Almond butter adds healthy, polyunsaturated fats and can be swapped with any nut or seed butter of choice.
1 bunch of washed, curly kale
1 tablespoon natural almond butter
2 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1-2 tablespoons Tamari or Soy Sauce
1 tablespoon agave nectar or pure maple syrup
Optional: Pumpkin seeds (pepitas), cherry tomatoes, diced avocado, goji berries
1. Gently pat kale leaves dry
2. De-stem the kale and tear into pieces. Add to large bowl.
3. Add almond butter, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and agave nectar to a small bowl and whisk together for 30 seconds.
4. Pour dressing over kale leaves, massage the kale with your hands for 2-3 minutes. The more you massage the kale, the more tender and flavorful the leaves will become.
5. Transfer the kale to one large or two small salad bowls and top with desired garnishes.