A warming seasonal soup that’s high in protein and easy to make!
3.5 - 4 cups butternut or honeynut squash (could also substitute yams/ sweet potatoes)
1 cup dry red lentils
½ cup coconut milk
1 large yellow onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
4.5 cups water
2-3 tsp curry powder
1 tsp turmeric
2-3 cracks black pepper
Salt to taste
1. Sauté onion, garlic and spices with a few tablespoons of water, until soft and translucent.
2. Add water and bring to a boil.
3. Cut squash into cubes. Discard seeds.
4. Add squash and lentils.
5. Let simmer with the lid on the pot for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash starts to break down.
6. Once done, stir in coconut milk and mash up squash slightly and stir until everything is mostly broken down. You could also blend this to make it super smooth!