Description for Potato Latkes
5 medium potatoes, peeled
1 large white onion
½ cup corn starch
½ teaspoon of salt to taste
1. Peel and grate potatoes and onion with a large-hole grater.
2. After grating, place the potatoes in a strainer or cheesecloth to squeeze out as much liquid as possible! Place potato and onion mixture in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, salt and corn starch, and mix all ingredients together.
4. Heat ¼ inch of Canola oil in a large skillet.
5. Start to form the pancake shape with your hands using about ¼ cup of mixture.
6. Carefully place pancake into the hot oil, and wait until the edges start to turn golden brown, and flip pancakes. Once they are fully golden brown, place them one a sheet pan to let the residual oil drip out.
7. Serve as soon as possible!