Description for Tomato Basil Soup
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can ground peeled tomatoes, or 10 whole tomatoes peeled and crushed
5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and pepper
½ cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
1. Heat olive oil in large soup pot at medium high heat.
2. Add onion and cook, stirring often until onions are soft, for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes and the stock.
4. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
5. Cook until soup is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper to taste then stir in basil.
7. Use either a blender or stick blender to blend smoothly.